Painting/ impatiently waiting for paint to dry.
This cute turkey is super simple (making the tutorial is proving much more difficult than making the turkey).
a turkey kit which includes: a piece of 2x4 cut into a square - approx 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
6 colored popsicle sticks,
the top of a 5 gallon paint stick,
2 wiggly eyes, and
vinyl cut out for the beak and waddle - or substitute your own creativity
brown paint and paint brush
glue - Elmer's school glue works just fine
patience to let the paint dry before completing the turkey
1. Start painting the neck/paint stick and body of the turkey.
2. While the first coat of paint is drying cut popsicle sticks in half. Even regular kids scissors worked on our popsicle sticks.
3. Paint back side of turkey pieces.
4. Let dry.
5. Decorate turkey face - put on eyes, beak and waddle.
6. Glue popsicle feathers on turkey. We found it helped to cut the corners off the popsicle sticks so that they could all lay flat on the back of the turkey instead of being stacked on each other.
7. After the feathers have dried, glue the turkey neck on the front.