Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Craft Fair!!

Here is my one and only picture of my booth at the craft fair thanks to Jessica at the booth next door. The weather was perfect - mild day (low 80s), a little breeze, no snow (oh wait this is TX), no rain, etc. The crowd apparently thought the weather was perfect too because I think they were all out playing soccer or something. (Just kidding). I'm not sure if it was the normal crowd or not, but now I know why you only find blog posts about successful craft fair experiences. No one wants to write about anything less than a sparkling success.

So looking on the bright side, I did make some money. I do have lots of inventory ready to ship. I now have fitted tableclothes, signs, onesie display rack, etc.

Lessons learned:
1. BRING YOUR CAMERA!
2. It really does take 2 or more people to set up those canopies. Fortunately I had help.
3. It is possible to over prepare.
4. Credit card readers may be great for some people, but I only lost 1 sale due to not taking cards. I guess it depends on the event you are attending.
5. Crafters are happy, helpful people. Everyone seemed to help everyone else in setting up tents and taking them down too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...