Monday, August 19, 2013

Felt 3D box - a craft success


After my miserable craft fail I had to try my next outside the box idea. Fortunately this one worked like a charm (box).

  • One note about printing from silhouette, go to the "line style" option and select "print lines of selected shapes" at the bottom of that menu. You can also make the lines larger. For this example I think I used a 2 pt line.

 1. Print your pattern on freezer paper.
2. Iron freezer paper onto felt. Shiny side down, no steam.
3. Cut out.
4. Bend on dotted lines. I used a ruler to make sure I got a straight fold.

5. Use a razor blade/utility knife/exacto knife (whatever nickname you give yours) to cut the small openings.

6. Assemble. Then contemplate what kind of ring Robin Hood would give Maid Marian in this little box. Or if your box is a different color feel free to contemplate any other question that comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...