Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Glasses Lost and Found

Monday we met some friends to play at the park in the morning. Then we HAD to stop by the craft store. (I saved $20. Does that make it okay to spend $20?) At the store I asked my daughter where her glasses were. She told me she took them off at the park and put them in my purse. Then she proceeded to dump the contents of my purse on the floor in a futile effort to find them. No glasses. No more errands. Visions of multiple $20 dollar bills flying out of the bank account and into the hands of the optical store......

Back to the park we went. No glasses. Asked the people at the park if they had seen the glasses. (I think they understood, but it would have been better if I knew Spanish.)

Back home to call all our friends who were at the park and see if they by chance noticed and picked up the glasses.  Now partially blind daughter jets into the house to find the phone (loves the phone already and she's not a teenager yet), bypassing glasses sitting on the front porch chair. Grateful Mom tells partially blind daughter to come look on porch. Whew..... gratitude abounds (and the word "responsibility" has new meaning to said daughter - I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...