Monday, April 1, 2013

Music Monday - Note Helpers

For music Monday this week I redecorated my living room. Okay, April Fool's I didn't really do that, but I did add some artwork. Can you see it on the bass clef side of the piano?
note reminders
I also have pictures on the treble clef side of the piano to remind the kids of the space notes and the line notes. The artwork came from debbiedee.com.

In a perfect world my printer ink wouldn't have made my All Cows Eat Grass (Bacon, and Doughnuts - my additions at piano lessons yesterday) look so pink and pale and I would have laminated them before putting them up and my camera would be high quality. But this is real life and I'm happy to have great reminders for the kids so we can start working more on learning the note names and where they are on the piano.


Picture
from debbiedee.com/piano-teacher-helps.html

Tip #1: Make sure you use the same note hints as the kids piano teacher. My daughter was confused for months when would try to help her and didn't use the same. I had never heard of Elvis' Guitar Broke Down Friday, but I like it better than Every Good Boy Does Fine (too many boys, too confusing).

Tip #2: It's perfectly fine to reuse piano method books (theory workbooks not so much). If you can see the green writing on the piano book in the picture it is actually from my sister's piano lessons in 1995! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...